Now that you are all set and registered for IBC2019, here are some helpful tips and things to know to make your conference successful.
What: IBC Website
Where: RAI Amsterdam
When: Doors open at 10:30 am on Friday 13 September. Every other day it will open at 09:30 am. The exhibition halls will be open daily until 18:00 pm.
Getting around Amsterdam
Getting to RAI from Schiphol on Public Transport:
There are a few options to get from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to the RAI Amsterdam convention centre.
A. Train Only
- Get an NS Dutch Railways sprinter train from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam RAI station (direction Hilversum or Almere Oostvaarders).
- Amsterdam RAI is the second stop on the trip just after Amsterdam Zuid.
- Check the overhead boards at Schiphol Airport station platform to ensure your train stops at Amsterdam RAI.
- You should not take a train to Amsterdam Central which goes via another route.
How to book a train ticket: https://www.amsterdamtips.com/train-tickets-netherlands
B. Train + Metro
- Get the train from Schiphol Airport to Amsterdam Zuid
- Then change to the North-South metro line 52
- Travel one stop (direction Noord) to Europaplein station which is very near to the RAI Amsterdam Convention Centre entrance – actually much closer than Amsterdam RAI station.
Getting to RAI from Centraal Station via Public Transport
- At Centraal Station, take the new underground metro line 52.
- The train makes stops at Rokin (Dam Square/Spui), Vijzelgracht and De Pijp before reaching Europaplein.
- Get off at the Europaplein stop. RAI is located at the Europaplein stop.
IMPORTANT: Pick up your free travel pass for the metro and all GVB trains – this is available to every IBC visitor.
Using the Show Planner
Use the show planner on the IBC website to identify the must-see companies before you go.
Here is an example:
- Create an account
- Search by typing in a keyword (e.g Forensic Watermarking)
- Choose the company that you would like to add to your Show Planner (e.g Custos Media Technologies)
- Scroll through the information: Hall Stand; Company Location, etc.
- Click on “Add to Show Planner”
- Click on the company’s website to book a meeting
During this time of year, the weather can be unpredictable. The average temperature is between 10 °C and 17 °C (50°F-63°F), and there is a fair chance of rain. If you forgot your umbrella, you can use Buienradar to check for breaks in the rain.
If you need to get out of the buzz of the IBC Exhibition halls, here are some recommended cafés and restaurants near the RAI:
- Grand Café – 1 minute walk
- GOOS eten & drinken – 7 minutes walk
- The Roast Room & Bar – 2 minutes walk
- StrandZuid – 1 minute walk
Five IBC2019 Events not to miss:
- The Future Zone at IBC2019
- Media-Telecom Catalysts (NEW!)
- IBC Esports Showcase (NEW!)
- The Big Programme
- Content Everywhere
IBC2019 Parties & Events
IBC does not stop when the exhibitions close. Here are some great parties for each evening:
- Friday, 13 September: Bitmovin Opening Party
- Friday, 13 September: Marlin DRM
- Saturday, 14 September: Satcoms Innovation Group
- Saturday, 14 September: Pixit Media Drinks
- Sunday, 15 September: DPP Meet up Drinks
The IBC2019 exhibition halls have open Wi-Fi. Here’s a map with open Wi-Fi networks over Amsterdam if you need somewhere else to work from. The Wi-Fi will also be available to the IBC visitors.
Key Speakers Brochure Programme: https://show.ibc.org/IBCConference/conference-programme
Have a great IBC2019!